Feb 28, 2011

Rafting on the Nile




So white rafting was the most amazing thing ever! First of all it was so incredibly gorgeous! Knowing that Moses once stood on these banks, seeing the waterfalls, and just being there was so amazing! We filled our raft with eight people and our guide was so awesome! He was from New Zealand and cussed a ton but he knew what he was doing. We were given helmets, lifejackets, and then trained. We hit rapids that were class five and they were so insane! Rolling our raft was inevitable and it was so crazy getting pulled under by these strong rapids. Our guide was extremely good at his job and on the dangerous rapid we never rolled (got drenched though!) on the class four rapids we went all out though and this usually ended with us floating down the river. I got wacked in the head with a wood paddle pretty hard and still have a headache from that but that is the only injury we had.  It was just so much fun and I wish I could do it again! I got pictures and a video to show off what we did! I just cannot explain in words how amazing of an experience it was! I will post the pictures later... But overall it was such an amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment