Mar 9, 2011

Goodbye Sittyanka

My P2 math class.

They loved dancing!


Playing the drums!
Today was our last day at the Sittyanka School. Saying goodbye to the students and staff was so incredibly hard. I worked with a P2 math class and then spent the remaining part of the day just playing with the children. We sang worship songs, danced and took pictures.  We then attended a parent meeting where we got to voice our thanks and recommend what we thought about the school/students. They then surprised us with a bunch of fruit and a handkerchief. Written on the handkerchief was, “Do not forget me”. I know that I will never forget this school. Saying goodbye to them was one of the hardest things I have had to do.  The memories I made here were absolutely incredible.  I now am going to teach at another school about 10 k from where I am living. And I know that I will never forget them and if it is God’s will I would love to someday come back…

1 comment:

  1. This is just simply hard to describe words, God works in wondrous ways and has provided you with the experience of a lifetime. I can't wait to have you share your memories with me first hand. God's will , we will make it back to visit all of your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete