| Eating white ants! |
| Being silly:) |
| Our host family! |
Time has just flown by and it is so bittersweet. I do not want to leave here… But at the same time each day brings me a day closer to being back in America. This week I have been so incredibly homesick and just missing my life back home… I cannot win either way. When I leave Africa I will be so excited to be back with my family but I will be leaving a piece of my heart in Africa. I already feel my heart tearing, as I am about to say goodbye. What I have experienced here has been the most amazing memories. I have loved every moment of it. Working with the poor and educating children has been something I have always wanted to do… and I am doing it! I have seen how I have become transformed. The cooking here I no longer find disgusting and taking bucket showers is rather enjoyable now. I just cannot have asked for a better experience here. It has been such an incredible blessing from God. I just hate goodbyes. I know that no matter what I will never truly be whole. The people here are taking little bits and pieces of my heart and they will have it forever. I know this is what God wants though. God doesn’t want me to live a protected and hidden life… No ,he wants me to go out and see what he sees. He wants me to become broken for the pain that is in the world. And that is what I have become—broken. God has done such an amazing job at breaking me down. I am vulnerable to these people. A year ago I would of fought with all my might against vulnerability but God has called me to this. He wants me shed tears for the sadness, to ache with a desire to help and to share his name to his lost children. Being here in Mukono has taught me this. And it has been the best life lesson I could learn. God has broken down my barriers and I have never felt so happy in my life. Living with poverty, seeing death on the street and being thousands of miles from my family and yet, I am filled with such peace. I worship such an awesome God and he has provided me with such a happiness. As my final goodbye to this community is quickly coming I know without a doubt I will cry and cling tight to the place I have called home for the past month. God has reassured me though and I know I would rather love these people and be hurt… Than to never loved at all. And I do not fear love because Christ loved me first (1 John4) so I will not fear and I will rejoice in the love and friendships I have made here. God has created a second home for me.
This is amazing and to see God's work in you is simply amazing, you have definitely changed, but for the better, for him, for what he wants, you have let yourself love and let yourself feel sorrow, This journey your experiencing is simply amazing and I cannot wait to sit down and hear stories about everything. You really have become a better person, letting your tears flow out is healthy, we do not need to hold them in, let them flow, he will take care of you. Through you I will experience this also, yes it will not be as graphic and as first hand, but a message will be passed through you, and I am sure that it will affect me, and change my out look on life. You know when you start living somewhere, with no hot water, with no internet connection, or hardly ever, with a lot of the things that you are used to, your mind really opens up to what the world has to offer. I know my guess is not as severe as yours but it definitely has opened my eyes, and has been an amazing experience of a whole other world.It is so amazing to see how you have changed, I love you and cannot wait to hear more ,
ReplyDeleteyours truly,
Sean
I have a pretty awesome boyfriend:)
ReplyDelete